When choosing a lifting sling to aid your lifting operations, a lot of factors are put into consideration, like nature of load, weather conditions, environment, center of gravity, lifting points Etc. For lifting of highly finished parts or delicate equipment, nothing beats the flexibility, strength, and support that webbing slings provide.
Because of their flexibility, they can mold to the shape of delicate and irregularly-shaped loads, or be used in a choker hitch to securely grip loads of round bar stock or tubes. The soft materials they’re made from are strong enough to lift heavy loads, but will protect expensive and delicate loads from scratching and crushing.
Webbing sling is a sling belt manufactured from polyester, Polyamide and Polypropylene that is used for heavy lifting where wire rope sling lifting, or chain lifting are not applicable. They are safe for a variety of weights, ranging from 1Ton – 10Tons.
Despite its lighter nature than wire rope slings, it is still able to handle heavy loads and a great deal of pressure. Alongside this, webbing slings are resistant to Alkaline, water, and most acids. They are shock absorbent as well and don’t corrode or rust. This means that they won’t weaken with age or lose strength in water if managed properly.
Webbing slings consist of two types.
Flat Woven Webbing Slings:
These slings are light, flexible, and are generally used in situations where the load can be damaged by heavy chain or wire rope slings or where companies wish to improve the safety of the workplace by using lighter, easier to use lifting slings.
Round /Endless Webbing Slings:
These slings have the benefit of being able to turn the sling around to share the wear and tear at lifting points. Endless slings are flexible and easy to use and can be made in a variety of ways.
The uses of webbing slings are versatile, listed below are some amazing ways to use webbing slings;
- FIRE FIGHTING: Webbing slings are used by fire fighters to rescue victims or injured persons. The webbing sling is used to form a secure grip around the upper body of the person in question, and then physically dragging them. This process is called the WEBBING SLING DRAG
- LIFTING OF BOATS: Due to its flexibility, strength and the soft material of the webbing slings, it is an ideal sling for lifting boats safely. It also protects the boat scratches or crushing.
- TOWING OF VEHICLES: Webbing slings are ideal for any towing or pulling tasks due to its strength. It also helps save time and money and it’s easy to store.
- CLIMBING: Webbing slings are actively used for climbing mountains and trees. Webbing slings are employed to make use of rock features or trees to protect the lead climber. The Sling can be placed over rock spikes, used to thread holes or go around chock stones or trees. It is also recommended for climbing by the British Mountaineering Council.
- PIPE LAYING: Thanks to the flexibility and design and weight, webbing slings can be wrapped around the pipe to enable lifting or lowering.
- HAMMOCK: webbing slings can also be used to make hammock for relaxation. This is done by tying it to the anchor points or post of a tree.
The usefulness offered by webbing slings means that they are used in a variety of settings. It can start from small things in your home to industrial usage.
For more information call us on 08076291657 or visit https://oilfieldsolutions-ng.com/webbing-slings/
Oilfield Solutions is the lead supplier of webbing slings in Nigeria. Our webbing slings conform to EN 1492:1 and EN 1492:2 standards respectively.
We stock polyester webbing slings with working weight limits ranging from 1000kgs to 10,000kgs; the slings are color coded according to their rating to ensure the correct one is used for the application at hand. We have webbing slings available in a range of lengths to suit your needs.