Safety and Loss Prevention
Effective Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Prevents Loss
Our experience in providing both Hazard identification workshops (HAZOP, HAZID) and Hazard Analysis (HA) to identify process deviations and external events that may weaken plant safety or operation has been serving a diverse range of our clients nationally and internationally for decades.
At OSL, our loss prevention engineers aim to ensure the required engineering and operational measures are taken to prevent or mitigate loss prevention in the oil & gas, energy, chemical and petrochemical industries by identifying and assessing accidents and process safety issues.
Collaboration with our clients involves a broad range of services including (but not limited to):
- Quantified Risk Assessment (QRA) to assess any possible risk to population and personnel deriving from accidents that may originate in the plant
- Fire and Explosion Risk Analysis (FERA) to evaluate the need and characteristics of fire protection and blast protection measures for equipment and buildings
- Dropped Object Analysis, to assess the risk of load handling impacting safety-critical areas of a facility, asset, or plant.
- 3D Consequence modelling to identify areas involved in the effects of a possible release of hazardous substances in a complex environment
- HSE Management of projects and development/audit of HSE management systems
- Reliability Availability and Maintainability Analysis (RAM), to calculate the predicted performance of the system in terms of expected throughput.