Welding and Materials Engineering
Welding & Materials Capabilities to Meet Client Demands
OSL’s technical experts continually look for ways to streamline project delivery methods. Knowledge of materials and welding in fabrication and construction is a proven solution to improve capital efficiencies for some of the most challenging project environments for clients across all industries including oil refineries, onshore and offshore production platforms, petrochemical facilities.
Our experience ranges from pressure vessel, heat exchangers, boilers, heavy load-bearing structural steelwork, pipeline fabrication/installation to new build and refurbishment of offshore pedestal crane superstructures. This is backed up by experience in dealing with welding issues with a wide range of welding processes and materials science.
OSL’s welding engineers have supported fabrication processes and welding engineering activities in a wide range of industrial sectors – these include activities such as welding techniques and welder qualification. Using our workshop facilities, we can develop procedures which are both practical and consistently reproducible. Whether you require just one procedure or a complete set, our engineers will ensure optimal coverage to suit all
required applications. Other services include:
- Repairs of onshore and offshore facilities and procedure development
- Fabrication surveillance from first cut of steel to commissioning of equipment
- Quality Control
- Weld design optimisation for manufacture and inspection
- Review, interpretation, and distribution of codes and standards.
- Well-equipped fabrication facilities
- Dedicated fabrication group supporting project strategies and resources
- Advanced commodity sourcing methods and focused offsite fabrication support
- Fabrication-driven execution / Input in design to optimize constructability
- Safety, Environmental and Quality benefits with shop fabrication